Saturday

Finally.....

Kittens:

It was pouring rain yesterday, all day.. so this dusty, smoggy f'ing town got a nice soaking... and I seriously couldn’t be happier. I quite honestly don’t know the last time it rained here? Thank God I tell you.... When I lived on the east coast it seemed like it was an every other day occurrence. The moisture in the air was so nice.... I miss my hair curling up after walking out the door, wearing my ultra coolio rain coat, and using an umbrella. I swear, I never thought I would say this but I miss the humidity of our nation's capitol. Ah, the good life, when I didn’t need lotion and conditioner by the gallons.. It's an issue now kittens.


from inside the gallery.


This desert has made me dry to the bone, in one toooooo many ways. It’s amazing how freaky everyone gets, as it so scarcely rains that usually you run into the same conversation all day.


Me: I’m so happy it’s raining.

Next door neighbor: Yes, we really, really need it.


Me: It’s great it’s raining.

Colleague at work: Yes, we need it.


Me: Can you believe all this rain?

Out of town client: Looks like this town needs it.


The only thing bad about this are the roads --- another issue. I so wasn't looking forward to the drive home last tonight. Apparently oil builds up on the road something awful, because we have little to no rain, so when it rains the roads get seriously slick, on top of that these hillbillies for some reason can't figure out how to drive in rain, so everyone either drives super slow or like a bat out of hell.



So, last night I met some friends prior to my long trek back to my suburban house which by highway takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get home.. With the rain, I figured that it was going to take me as long waiting in traffic as it would to get a drink and relax.. At 7 pm, I ventured back to the house.. apparently I wasn't the only one who had this great idea.. so, again I was stuck in traffic with all the people who had a drink before heading home after work.. It was just as packed but no weird edge to the driving.. A little slow, but confident, and a little red in the face.

5 comments:

Kelly O said...

Rain! Raaaaaaiiiiin!!!

Navajoagogo said...

It all went away and now it is a 75 degrees again.. brrrrrr. everyone is wearing sweaters.. brrrrrr.

Kelly O said...

Oh my word. I'm freezing my ass off over here.

Mike Golch said...

Oh well,I guess I can't complain about the temps in the thirties here in good cleveland ohio

Mike Golch said...

75 Degrees and wearing sweaters?????? you definately would not like liveing here in Cleveland during the winter.